Sunday 20 February 2011

Our first wedding fayre!

Wow what a busy day (actually what a busy week!) We have just got home from our first wedding fayre at the Village Hotel in Ashton-Under-Lyne. We had a great time, got a couple of bookings and even more interest. Had a few email enquiries and i've only been home an hour or so!

This is the table set up, I have no idea why the banner is so far to the right! I am so anal about things like that so surprised I missed that, oh well!


I loved the look of the table, everything was co-ordinated and the table wasn’t overcrowded or too bare.
Here is the cake I made, I am so pleased with it, I just look at it and think wow, I made that!!


Obviously is you bought this cake, it wouldn’t have the little sign on top! That was to give people an idea of the cost. 

Here is my vintage inspired cupcake tower, I bumped into the lovely Vintage Twee at the fayre and she kindly let me use some of her fab picks :)


I had three flavours – banana & chocolate chip with vanilla buttercream and chocolate chips, vanilla with fresh strawberry buttercream and last but definitely not least, chocolate with chocolate orange buttercream. The cupcakes went down a treat and I’m so glad people enjoyed them.

Here are my cookie and cake pop “bouquets” – I personally love these and they got a lot of complimentrom visitors today.

Prices for these start from £7.50.

So am I glad I attended the wedding fayre? You betcha! I can’t wait to do more, even though it was hard, hard work, it was so worth it. 

Hayley xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks fantastic, the cake is amazing! Well done!!
    @snugglefeet03 x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Hayley, so nice to see your dreams come to reality! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! I had my first wedding fayre a week ago (and my second one yesterday). Always lovely to meet people in the same boat! I try to think of it as an opportunity to get my brand and my name out there and raising awareness, and its cheaper and more effective than running an advert.

    ReplyDelete